1. Tell us your roots - where were you born and raised? I was born in the countryside in the very west of Austria, right next to Germany and Switzerland and had a very beautiful childhood. I left to explore the world when I hit 19 after my A-levels and went to the south of France for 1 year. After coming back I moved to Vienna and started studying advertising and also worked in an advertising agency for a few years. 2003 I met the right people and started to work for an international performance company 2005 and slowly sneaked my way from the office onto the stage. That's also when I started to travel a lot.
2. Why hooping? How did the journey begin? The first people that I saw hooping was 2 amazing artist friends: Grace Billings and Satya Bella from FlameOz (UK / Australia). They taught me my first workshop and they have been my inspiration for multi hooping from the very start.
3. What has the hoop taught you about life? Never give up. You are never to old to start something new! Let your passion drive your life! Do what makes you happy and this will inspire everybody around you to do the same and we will make a happier world! Follow your heart and your dreams!
4. What's next? How is your hoop life evolving? I am teaching regular hoop dance courses and workshop in Vienna every spring and autumn that are all full which makes me extremely happy! On the weekends I usually perform my multi hoop act for a local dinner + show company all over Austria.I am escaping European winter and will travel in Asia in February and March, coming back for spring. Specially looking forward to Thailand and Bali where I will teach an Aerial Yoga Teacher Training and also dedicate some time to my AcroYoga teaching practice and connect with the local hoop community.Austrian Hoop Convention 2016 will take place for the 3rd time in Vienna: 12. - 14 August! Preparations have already started and ticket pre-sales will start soon!
5. What aspect of the hoop community do you value the most and what do you hope to contribute to the future of hooping? I love the fact that every hooper is eager to share the latest tricks he learned or developed. There is no holding back of knowledge but a deep understanding that by expanding our community we will all have more fun. I specially like it when hoopers are gathering for conventions and workshop weekends. The energy is simply amazing being in the same room with so many enthusiastic people looking for more inspiration and exploring their passion.